Monday, June 16, 2014

Chapter 12 of The Trickster

It


Reproached by fate, it can’t see how its actions have led to its undoing. Instead, it carelessly brags about the dark and violent inclinations it surrenders to.
Weaving a filmy spider’s web, it stitches together a trap of cruelty. Proud of its distasteful behavior, it boasts hatred making me cringe whenever it opens its mouth. Its barbed tongue slices across my ears. Inured to violence, it feels no shame. Instead, it takes pride in its sadism. A misogynist and a coward, it can’t stop itself from delighting in the perversions it directs at the woman it claims to love.
Beat by rude blasts, its toxic rants, coloured with flatulence, pollutes the air. Crude complaints about Emma’s sexual hang-ups never seem to end… and like a broken record that farts over the same odious rut in the groove: it is stuck in a spiral of carnal revulsion.
There is a void in it. In the place where it should feel remorse for its unsavory behavior, there is nothing but a black hole. No guilt provokes it, no vows appease. Empathy just isn’t programmed into its hard-wiring. Its hollowed heart, stripped of compassion, is a receptacle for the most base desires, making it more beast than human.
Possessed by a wanton single-mindedness it operates under a dark sexual spell, fueled by the endless hours of porn it watches. Crude and indiscreet, I don’t know how many times I’ve had to hold up my hand, pleading with it to stop talking about sex. But it never heeds my words and continues to sing the same tiresome song: a kinky lament about Emma’s lackluster sex drive.
Ever since they’ve gotten back together all it ever talks about is doing her, Marquis de Sade style, up the ass. It’s so chronic, a couple of weeks ago I lost it. I don’t want to hear it any more. We were shelving books in the religious studies section. It’s like being trapped in a Tarantino film having to listen to you. God damn it! Some things are meant to remain private.
With menace in its eyes it glared at me. I crossed my fingers, hoping that it might make a threatening overture: any excuse to make it eat my fist. But then the coward’s thoughts gave way. Without mace or a weapon within reach, it quickly simmered. Patting me on the back it bemoaned. I guess I am a bit obsessed. It laughed. But if Emma would stop being such a bitch and just give it up I wouldn’t need to talk about it so much.
I turned around and walked away. Under its breath I heard it mutter: One of these days I’m just going to take it from her.



No comments:

Post a Comment